Designed and built exclusively for Santana, the Airliner SafeCase is a tough vault-like case with thick foam lining, interlocking edges, full length hinge, locking hasps and industrial strength casters. Size: 69 x 84 x 36 cm
Video: How to pack a Santana eSCape Tandem in the Airliner case.
Video: How to pack a fully equipped Santana Touring Tandem in the Airliner case.
How to disassemble?
- Remove timing chain by turning the cranks back and sidwise push on the chain.
- Shift into largest cog an chainring and than shift back without turning cranks.
- Disconnect shift cables (are loose 2.) and also brake cables. For Formula disc unscrew the 2 main screws 5mm allenkey at the Caliper and the Mastercylinder.
- Remove (pedals) &cranksarms with the 8mm allenkey using the auto-extracting bolts.
- Unscrew shift cable adjusters at downtube and take cables out of the slot.
- Remove ahead cap of fork top & slide the captains bar with the stem off the top.
- Remove seatposts, disconnect stokerstem, front & rear wheel and remove QR.
- Loosen all S&S Couplers (3 turns) and remove the oval bottom tube 5mm allenkey.
- Disconnect the frame on one side first and than remove the tubes. Also remove all accessoires racks etc.
- 10. Insert the dissassembled pieces of your tandem into the matching die-cut recesses of the optional FTS.
Packing with no FTS add 15 minutes: Wrap the tubes with the including material at all contact points.
- Place the tandem frame's front triangle in its case with fork turned inward.
- As this, and each following layer is added, wrap and pad as necessary.
- Place the rear triangle with rear wheel with rear deraileur down (padding) on top.
- Place all parts, seats, handlebars, tubes, cranks where convenient. and place the foam on top
- Place the front wheel on top.
- Connect top and lateraltube to rear triangle (look for cable routings and bottlecages)
- Connect front triangle to the top and lateraltube.
- Insert the oval bottom tube (look for disc cable routing on left side).
- Tighten all S&S Couplers (30-40Nm) and the 2 allen bolts. Use on the Couplingscrews and bolts the special teflon lube that comes with the bike. Continue with #7 backwise.
- Control all couplers and main screws before every ride.
Airliner SaveCase with FTS foam the six Layer die-cut foam elements wraping
picture with 8coupler (like aluminium)
the cutting for the rear-rack is not standard
Use standard Allen wrenches 5/6/8mm, pedal wrench and included S$S tool